In this edition of the Work From Anywhere Newsletter, read the WFA news for this week, check out articles from my blogs, try my new Work From Home Course, and register for the upcoming Freelancing Webinar.
THIS MONTH IN WORK-FROM-ANYWHERE NEWS:
- Here’s one more reason for older workers to consider a work-from-home career. Ageism at work began at 40 for women and 45 for men. Many employees’ careers peaked at these ages; they were no longer considered for promotion or training. Read more.
- Automation is set to make many jobs defunct in the not-so-distant future. The World Economic Forum (WEF) Jobs of the Future 2018 Report warns that “routine-based, middle-skilled white-collar roles – such as data entry clerks, accounting and payroll clerks, secretaries, auditors, bank tellers and cashiers” are at risk of automation. Here are five emerging roles that are set to grow, according to the WEF. Read more.
- Digital, robotics and AI will lead to job losses of about 5 million. Men will get one new job out of the three jobs they lose; women, on the other hand, will get only one job out of the five jobs they are losing. Read more.
- Research by BBVA says that by 2030, individuals will cease to have permanent jobs and there will be an increased rise of freelancers. According to the Future Workforce Study by Dell and Intel, 80% millennials agreed that if workplace technology isn’t up to their standard, they would consider quitting. So what are the key indicators of a smart workplace defined by them—real-time collaboration with co-workers and accommodating work from anywhere! Read more
- Flexible working that allows employees to work from home may reduce the levels of carbon dioxide emissions by 214 million tonnes per year by 2030, according to a study by Regus, a leading global workspace provider. Read more.
- WeWork’s India arm plans to double the coworking space it offers in the country to 6 million square feet in 2019 and expand its presence to cities including Chennai, Pune and Hyderabad by the end of next year. Read more.
- The Wing, a startup which provides a network of work and community spaces for women, has gained the backing of Airbnb, WeWork and Sequoia Capital in its latest funding round. Read more.
- We will all need to become lifelong learners. Depending on industry and geography, between one-half and two-thirds of companies are likely to turn to external contractors, temporary staff and freelancers to address their skills gaps. Read more.
- Work is changing, so to stay ahead you’ll need to master these skills that you probably didn’t learn in college. Being successful means setting yourself apart, and you’ll need a personal brand that defines who you are and who you want to become. That involves building a reputation, trust, and a following. These are the 5 “super skills” you need for jobs of the future. Read more.
- Recently, it has been noticed that a majority of freelance graphic designers in India are from tier II & tier III cities. Freelancing as a career is lucrative and provides a measure of personal satisfaction. Read more
- By 2022 9% of the Indian workforce will be in new jobs which do not exist today. 37% would be in jobs which will radically change skill sets. Entrepreneurs will include new mothers who want more time at home and 75% more females than males prefer working from home. Read more.
- As technology seeps into everything from teaching to manufacturing, skilled workers with two-year degrees in computer science, cyber security and software development are increasingly in demand – and supply is struggling to keep up. Read more.
RECENT POSTS ON OUR BLOGS:
Having a life purpose creates true happiness, but finding it is not always easy. Here are six tips to help you find your life purpose in 2019.
Working from home is not as easy as it sounds. These 7 questions will help work from home for moms in India get their schedule and priorities in order.
Some women just want a simple work from home job while others are willing to challenge themselves and start a business. Which one is right for you?
Learn how to set up your home office to maximise productivity and wellness with our home office setup ideas and home office essentials list.
Looking for an online tutoring job? This online tutoring guide will give you the resources you need to start your online tutoring career (applies to India as well as other countries).
Are you skilled at communicating in more than one language? Here’s why working from home as a freelance translator may the perfect job for you.
In this article, I’ve compiled a list of websites that showcase the best and highest-paying remote transcription jobs, no experience required.
Resumes are used to supplement a traditional job application. No matter what type of job you’re applying for, you’ll want to create a professional resume.
NEW WORK-FROM-ANYWHERE COURSE & COACHING:
I’ve launched my new Work From Anywhere course and coaching. It’s called:
👩🏫 Work From Anywhere: A Guide to Remote Jobs for Work From Home Moms & Dads, Digital Nomads & Freelancers
(yes, I know that’s a mouthful 😄 )
✅ This course will list over 35 of the best ‘work from anywhere’ careers. All of these remote jobs are completely legitimate and some require few skills and no experience.
✅ You’ll learn about the benefits and disadvantages of working from anywhere and access a huge list of work from anywhere job boards to help you earn money from your living room couch or that hammock on the beach.
✅ Plus you’ll get the replay and transcript of my webinar, 7 Proven Steps to Kick-Start Your Work From Anywhere Career and all upcoming webinars.
In case you’re looking for some 1 to 1 coaching to help you decide on which work from anywhere career is best for you, check out my coaching packages below and book a session with me.
NEW WORK-FROM-ANYWHERE WEBINAR:
Sagan Morrow has a decade of experience as a blogger and freelance writer, editor, and social media manager. She also teaches busy, time-crunched solopreneurs how to build their own successful, profitable home-based businesses… without the overwhelm.
In this webinar on the 8th of January 2019, I’ll interview Sagan where she’ll share some of the lessons she’s learned as a freelancer and solopreneur, as well as how to start your freelance business in 2019.
📋 FREE Work-From-Home Checklist
✅ Download my FREE Work-From-Home Checklist and learn how prepared you are to start working from home.
100% Privacy. We hate spam